9.27.2006

A very good thing

just became a very bad thing. For our wedding (over 2 years ago now) we received a 2lb. container of honey roasted peanuts with some games and other party stuffs. I really like honey roasted peanuts. I know they are not good for me, so for the last 2 years they have sat in our food storage unopened.

I saw them taking up space in the pantry, space that is in high demand since we moved a storage room into a closet. I thought, hmm these are 2 years old and have probably gone rancid. If they are rancid I can throw them away and use that space. So as I am opening them I tell Chod, "if they are nasty I'm going to be happy to have that room-if they aren't nasty I have a problem."

Well they weren't rancid. (How did they last over 2 years in our possession, who knows how old they were before we got them, without going rancid?)

So now I have a problem. But I think Chod may have a bigger problem. He likes them too.

I am going to hide them on the back of a shelf and hope I forget about them until we 1)have a party and can break them out or 2)I forget about them so long that they are rancid and I can then throw them away.

I know what you are thinking. Just throw them away now and save the hassle! But Chod and I both come from long lines of savers.

We have Wilma, JoAnn and Hon blood pumping through our veins.

Grandma Parish had a newspaper for every day piled in her house. And I remember sneaking weevil infested food out of Grandma Wilkins house to make mud pies with.
Grandpa Bishop has a collection of non-working toilets, just in case he may need one some day.

Poor Bentley is doomed.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

You can bring them home this weekend to share. I like honey roasted peanuts.

And I come from a long line of munchers!

chartie said...

ditto ditto - bring some home this weekend. As Chod would say, "Mmmm ... I like honey roasted peanuts."