9.12.2006

Opposed to Change

Yesterday I worked hard to make our home a more friendly place, by cleaning, rearranging and decorating. I thought it looked great.

Chod came home and was in a grumpy mood. I wasn't sure if this was due to a bad day at work, or what. Finally around 11 pm and after a lot of quizzing/guessing he told me that he doesn't like things to be moved. I asked why and he replied, "How will I know where to sit?"

I didn't know that by scooting the couch a little to the left I would be turning his world upside down.

2 comments:

chartie said...

That reminds me of the old (and insensitive) joke:

"How did Helen Keller's parents punish her? By rearranging the furniture!"

So, to Chod, it's like he's being punished ... or something.

Chod said...

OK... to be fair, I did say that. But to call me grumpy after I cleaned all the carpets...