Tonight we met the Hillman's for dinner at Wingers. What a fiasco. The waiting area was packed with people and only 2 of their tables were being used. They weren't seating people. I don't know if the host was new or what the deal was. After waiting for 20 minutes for a seat and watching a lot of people walk in, see the line, and then leave and complaining with others waiting about how ridiculous it was-we were seated.
When I gave them our name for the waiting list I told them we had 4 adults and needed 2 high chairs. They seated us and I asked for high chairs, "Um I don't think I can bring high chairs over here" she told us, "Let me go check." As the waitress was taking our orders the girl comes back, "I am going to have to move you to a different table if you really want high chairs." We decide it would be too big of a hassle (we had our drinks, popcorn, and children we would have had to haul across the restraunt). I had told them we needed 2 high chairs and watched her write it down next to our name-not like it was some surprise I pulled on her.
When it was my turn to order I asked if their Blackened Tilapia was any good."It's fish." I was told. I said "I know, but how is it cooked?" "It is fried on the grill with blackening seasoning if you like that." Fried? on the grill...interesting.
I ordered it, it was fine. As we were just starting our meals another girl comes out and asks us if we would like to move to the next table because that light works-the one above our table doesn't. No thanks we will just stay put.
Before we left the manager did come out and give us coupons for free asphault pie on our next vist, if there is a next visit.
9.09.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What happened to the scrapbook page feed? I wanted to show Chris the Wilkins' reunion page. It was fun!
mmmmm ... asphault pie ...
Post a Comment