It was a rough day.
1:30
Hudson is finishing his nap,just as Bentley is supposed to be beginning his. Bentley thinks he is pretty cool and the last few times I have put him down for a nap I walk past his room a few minutes later to find him sitting up clapping. Clapping is his new talent,and he is pretty good at it. But a clapping baby is not a sleeping baby.
3:00
1 with a nap 1 without and we leave the house.
A friend from the ward invited me over, so the 3 of us make the trek of about 4 blocks (city blocks). Hudson still wasn't fully awake and a little on the grumpy side. He only pushed the little girl a few times and stole her sippy cup once or twice. When it started to get ugly we picked up toys and came home.
4:36
We return home. Bentley falls asleep 45 seconds after I give him his bottle. Off to bed for him. A late nap, but a much needed one.
5:15
Hudson wants a gummy bear. I tell him he can have one if he will be good. I ask if he wants one, he nods yes. I ask if he will be good, he shakes his head no and walks away.
6:00
Put Bentley in his high chair and start feeding him dinner. Time to put Hudson in his chair. Find him in my bedroom with the right hand pulling potting soil out of the diffenbachia and throwing it in the chair and on the floor.
6:04 Hudson is in his chair. Potting soil mess untouched.
6:08 Hudson is not eating. Instead mashed potatoes are being squished through fingers and onto the table and floor.
6:15
Bentley is still eating and Hudson is in his chair still, mainly because I am not ready to deal with that mess. He continues to play in the potatoes.
6:42
Hudson with hands and face washed tries to help clean up the mess under the table. Takes a dish cloth and wipes up mashed potatoes. Then walks to the oven door and wips it off-smearing potato starch on the glass door.
7:20
Hudson takes the pages out of his tractor picture book and tears the pictures off the pages.
7:45
Chod gets home. We eat dinner with Hudson climbing on my lap and finishing off my plate.
8:10
We have FHE.
Chod entertains the boys by juggling (okay he can't juggle but they think throwing 2 objects up in the air and catching them is pretty cool).
8:20
Boys in the tub. We blow bubbles while they are in the tub, but Hudson has more fun throwing the bath toys on the floor.
8:45
Boys in bed.
9:30
Dishes done.
10:00
Toys picked up
10:30
Start blogging
11:00
Potting soil still in bedroom and potato starch still on the oven door and a puddle of water around the bathtub.
Tomorrow should be a better day.
P.S. It usually isn't this bad. Maybe we all needed a late afternoon nap.
9.25.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I definitely took a nice late afternoon nap after I got off work today. I highly recommend it.
Post a Comment