10.12.2006

One big hassle

When I had Bentley I not only got a precious little boy to bring home, but I also brought home a hernia right above my belly button. In the days after I came home from the hospital I would ask Chod if that bump felt normal, he would say no and I would ignore it and life would go on.

Nine months later and that bump is still there. I've met with my doctor, met with a surgeon, had an unltra-sound (not as much fun seeing a hernia as it is a baby, btw), and today I get to go back to the surgeon. Now I remember why I have put it off for so long. Its a hassle.

Last time the surgeon said that it would be elective surgery, so I could pick when and where I want to have it done. He also said it would be a 6 week recovery-meaning no lifting Bentley for 6 weeks! HA! How is that going to work?

If anyone has an idea how I can not lift Bentley into the bathtub, his bed, his highchair, his carseat, or off the floor for 6 weeks please let me know.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

Ship him to stay with Aunt Deidra and Uncle Chris