On Thursday we fed the missionaries. As Chod was driving them to their next appointment the one asked, after learning that I was a stay at home mom, what I do all day. He then proceed to ask if I sit around and watch soaps.
Chod told him that I actually managed to keep myself quite busy--without watching soaps. He told him that I am involved in the community, take care of the house and Bentley, have a church calling, and that I also have hobbies.
And the jerk of a kid did not believe that those things can actually fill up my day--and insisted that I must watch soaps, because seriously I just stay home all day with 1 kid.
One kid! One tornado of a kid.
I feel bad that he has such a negative stereotype of a stay at home mom ingrained in his brain. I have never watched soaps (okay except for my junior year of college when I lived with 2 GH watchers...) and I do manage to keep myself fairly busy without turning on the TV.
My house was clean, dinner was fixed from scratch, fresh flowers were on the table and Bentley was mostly clean. Maybe he thinks we have a housekeeper...and a cook...and a nanny.
6.04.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good luck missionary finding a wife. Some days I wonder what I do all day which prevents me from sitting down and putting my feet up.
yea....he is going to be very surprised when he has to take care of his own kids for the first time and he will really see what's going on at home. What a nerd. Sometimes I just want to snack people like that.
Why is it always "men" that make comments like that? Troy can watch Taylor for a few hours and when I return the house is a wreck! Yet, when our hubby's come home from work we have accomplished to keep a clean house, meals cooked, and baby and yourself bathed?!!! It must be from watching all those soaps all day! ;) Stupid boy-
Now I definitely know how hard mom works. It makes me appreciate moms a whole lot more! After being with the babies for a whole morning, Brian definitely appreciates what mom's do. You should invite the missionary to spend a day with Bentley(and do the laundry, cooking, shopping,etc)!
Love, Jamie
Doesn't he know that the stereotype of a stay-at-home mom who sits home watching soaps all day is SO 1985! This is 2007- where us stay-at-home moms surf the internet all day. Sheesh.
wow, sounds like we need to keep up with that missionary to make sure any potential wifey-dears know what they are getting into and are fairly warned....sad commentary probably on his mom too .... I don't have always have a clean house, i make most dinners from scratch, I never have fresh flowers and I am not a scrapper-digi or otherwise....I also put off grocery shopping for as long as possible....sometimes I shower before bedtime....hmm...I am quite curious what i manage to do with my time since I don't even have TV...maybe he could shed some light on that
The missionary probably wasn't woken up in the middle of the night to breastfeed. Or like me today, woken up at 6 with two little boys staring at me sleeping. And okay I did fit in a few episodes of House on DVD. I have to get my American TV fix in when I can! :)
Guys think they know everything to do to get a kid here but have no desire to become an expert after the thing is made. ;)
This missionary has obviously not read your blog Nik! :)
So does this missionary think you should have a job? I have no kids and a full time job, but I have thought numerous times how easy my job is compared to staying at home with kids. It's not that hard to deal with paperwork, client services, and spreadsheets compared to taking care of home and kids. I can leave my work at work at 5 p.m. I've seen what my sister who has kids, and others, go through!
Post a Comment