Week 5 check with the doctor:
Me: Why is there a hard spot where my hernia was, and why does it still hurt sometimes?
Doc: That wasn't where your hernia was.
Me: Uh, yeah it is.
Doc: No, your hernia was down here
Me: No, this is where my hernia has always been. This is the spot they did the ultra-sound on.
Doc: Let me check your ultra-sound
Leaves the room for a while
Comes back
Doc: Well it looks like you had 2 hernias. We fixed the 1 and I guess if the other one is hurting we can go ahead and schedule a time to take care of the other.
Me: But this is the one that has always hurt. I didn't even know I had that one.
Doc: On my notes I wrote down that you complained of this one hurting.
Me: That one has never bothered me. I didn't even know I had it, we never even talked about it.
Doc: So do you want to go ahead and get it taken care of.
Me: I need to talk to my husband
Doc: Well give your insurance a call cause if you have met your maximum out of pocket, this surgery could be free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you really have 2 or was he just doing a little CYA? Tell him that if he messed up bad enough the first one might be free too.
I have an ultra-sound only showing one...so CYA is exactly what was going on.
And this is the same doctor's office that gave you all of the personal information on aother patient right? Sounds like they've got major issues. Plus, having to go through another six weeks of recovery where you can't pick up Bentley because of their mistake? What a hassle! Yeah, I definitely think you've got a case.
Post a Comment