I was bound and determined that this whole time change thing would not be a big deal and that we could handle it.
Yesterday, I realized Chod was still in bed at 6:30. He teaches a 7:30 class so he's usually out of the house by 6:30.
"CHOD! It's 6:30."
"I know, but it's spring break." he mumbled.
"Oh."
So he stayed in bed a few minutes longer, basking in his spring vacation leisure.
Then I started breakfast and he went to wake Bentley. Instead of coming upstairs with one boy, there were two groggy kids following.
We ate breakfast, all the while I was nagging Bentley to hurry. I continued after him all morning. Move faster. Put your shoes on. Find your coat. We're going to be late. Hurry!
Finally we made it out the door and started our walk to the school. About half way there I noticed the street was unusually quiet. There were no other kids on their way to school. No mini vans headed down the road. And most of all, no orange cones in the intersections.
"Do you have school today?" I asked Bentley.
He told me he didn't know and asked if I had checked the 'chart' that morning.
I knew it wasn't their spring break but couldn't figure out what was going on, so we turned around and headed home. Sure enough the school calender had a big red N on it for No School.
Are you kidding me!
I'm not really sure who won yesterday. Cause as hard as I tried, I think Daylight Savings Time got the last laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment