1.27.2012

Change is Hard

My how things change! While Chod and I were dating he had 4 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of DC shoes he had glued back together many times, 1 pair of Vans (which he wore everyday), 1 pair of black dress shoes (for church), and his mission shoes he never wore but kept for sentimental value. That's it--4 pairs and only 2 were in wearable condition. And he had a light jacket he wore year round--when asked if he was freezing in the winter he would reply, "Nah, it has air pockets to keep me warm."

Whatever.

He now has shoes and jackets/coats for every occasion.

But back then, I somehow I convinced him to invest in a good pair of shoes (it was something my dad had ingrained in all of us, "If your feet don't feel good neither will you--buy good shoes." So off to Dillard's we went. He ended up buying 2 pairs of Borns which doubled his wearable shoes selection. He loved them and wore them a lot.

Fast forwarded 8 years, and his final pair needed to be replaced. We started the hunt for new shoes 4 months ago. But he couldn't find any he liked--why couldn't they still make the ones he bought 8 years ago! We looked high and low, online and instore, at this brand and that brand, he tried on slip-ons and lace-ups. Really, I had no idea buying a pair of brown leather shoes could be so agonizing.

But finally he caved and bought a pair of Borns. I think he's a believer. Here's to another 8 years before we have to go shoe shopping again!

No comments: