Last night Chod put the boys to bed at 7:30 and all was calm.
We mentioned how quiet it was and was it really that easy? Usually bedtime involves Lincoln coming upstairs countless times for things and complaining, "I don't know what to dream about." or "I don't know what to dream about tomorrow." The kid can sure wear a parent out. But really, Chod went to the gym and I worked on the family newsletter and never heard a peep.
At 9:45 I went down to check on them and tuck them in. Over 2 hours after they had gone to bed. I found Bentley curled up under just a corner of his blankets trying to keep warm as the rest had slid to the floor. And Lincoln was completely buried under the covers. Not a hair in site.
But wait. A sound.
What is that?
Angry Birds?
It's coming from Lincoln's heap. Are you kidding me?
Surely he must be asleep by now.
So I lift off the covers to find a wide awake 3 year old, oh and surprise, he's playing Angry Birds on my phone.
No idea how he got it to bed with him. But nightly pat downs before bed may be in order.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's too funny. Never a boring bedtime with Linky.
Hahahaha... that is awesome!
Post a Comment