Friday afternoon I had had it. My boys were cranky. I was cranky. Chod and I didn't have any plans for a date that night, so I knew without a sitter scheduled whatever we did would include 2 grumpy boys. And I didn't think I could handle leaving the house with them.
So the idea of a Pajama Pizza Party was born. Chod picked up pizza on his way home and I had the boys in the tub and pj's by 6. We built a fort in the front room and added some glowsticks for lighting. We all wore our pajamas and ate pizza. After we had finished we acted out The 3 Little Pigs with each boy taking a turn blowing down our (blanket) houses. The boys thought it was the best night ever!
By 8 they had already spent 2 hours in their pajamas and were more than willing to go to bed--thinking they had been able to stay up super late. It was one of those nights that could have gone either way, and thankfully some creativity hit just when we all needed it.
1.23.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment