12.05.2009

So long uterus

If the megaphone story made you squirmy, you may want to skip this one altogether.

You've been warned.

A friend is having a hysterectomy to remove her cancerous uterus. Tonight she is saying goodbye to said uterus with a party.

Another friend on another continent commissioned me to make this basket for the party, complete with tampon tulips and pad roses. I can't wait to deliver it (neither can Chod, he would really like it off the kitchen counter).

I'm thinking of there's room for a new business in town, one specializing in feminine hygiene flowers. What do you think?

5 comments:

Stacy said...

that is pretty funny! oh the things you come up with!

Bobbi said...

Oh Nikkala you are so awesome! I think a couple of Brad's teachers/students would love this idea! Too funny!

Heather said...

Our friend had a breast reduction (can I say that on blogger?) and we gave her a chest cake saying we thought she was still "boob-iful" ah, the things you do for friends. :)

Erin said...

That is absolutely amazing! I think there are a lot of people that would buy that bouquet - so pretty and useful!

Shannon said...

I saw it at the party and thought it was clever but I had no idea you made it :).