Thanksgiving night my sisters and I visited my grandpa and had him tell stories of the past. One story in particular, the one where my grandma found a mouse in her pillow--grandpa assumes was put there by my uncle after a tiff with my grandma, kept going through my mind last night.
I saw another mouse. This one ran across the top of my washing machine as I was loading it. Brave little buggers. Makes me wonder how many of them there are and where they are coming from. Chod is out of town, so reinforcements were called in. Before going to bed I did a little mouse research. Cause I've got to know what I am up against if I am going to beat them.
The research left me more frightened than lethal.
I learned that they can jump 2 feet in the air, can climb almost any vertical surface (walls!), and can fit through a hole the size of a pencil, they have a life span of 12 months. In those 12 months they have an average of 10 litters averaging between 4-6 in each litter. Once you start doing the math you see there's an exponential increase-ugh. Hopefully a few snaps of the traps can take care of that.
So, as I climbed in to bed I imagined little critters under the covers, in my pillows, and jumping on the bed having a party while I slept.
It took quite a while for me to fall asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
did you catch any?
Have you seen the fangs on those buggers?
Well, nighty night!
Just kidding, they are just harmless little mice - rest easy, I'm sure they have moving plans for the weekend.
I totally and completely sympathize with you. I saw one run out of my pantry this morning. Last night Colby told me we had caught 3 in the garage - I felt safe in my house. Anyway, needless to say I sat on the cupboard with my legs up screaming everytime I saw it for the whole 15 minutes it took Colby to come home. I think we just might need to move!!!
P.S. Colby recommends a sticky trap that is used for both mice and spiders. We have caught 4 of our 6 furry friends with those. Then, you just throw the whole thing away. Really cheap too. They have some kind of bate already in them.
Post a Comment