12.07.2006

TheBus

Chod and I chose to use TheBus in Hawaii to get around instead of renting a car. This saved us money and a lot of arguments over which way to turn, road to take, etc. Like all mass transit systems we saw a lot of crazies, but for the most part we were able to sit back and take in the scenery as TheBus services the entire island of Oahu.

You can buy 4 day passes that are cards that you scratch the month and days off. On day 1 of the second pass (we were there for 7 days and used two passes) we went snorkeling. As were were walking to the bus I reached in the pocket of my shorts and pulled out my ticket and Chod asked me for his. I told him that I didn't have it.

Chod: "So where is it?"

Me: "I don't know."

He found it in the pocket of his board shorts in 5 pieces. It was very sad looking and I doubted it would get him on TheBus. He would hold it in both hands and show it to the drivers as we would board. In 3 days only 1 driver wouldn't let him on....something about it being a mess that he couldn't decipher.

No comments: