12.07.2006

And we're back!

Hawaii was nice. It was green and lush and warm. I missed Bentley most of the time we were there and couldn't wait to get home to him. Here's a few pictures we took. Chod really wants to post about the pineapples at Dole, so watch for that.
Yeah you should feel sorry for us cause while it was single digit temperatures here, we were hanging out in nice 84 degree weather having to look at stuff like this.
Chod in heaven with his Pineapple Split at Dole. The bottom is chunks of fresh pineapple with Dole Whip (frozen pineapple juice). After the first few bites it all tastes the same-like pineapple, but he loved it.

The Waimea Waterfall.

A cool bird at Waimea Audobon Center hanging out on the largest lily pad I have ever seen.
The World Surfing Championship was going on at Sunset Beach. The waves were monstrous-but they have been known to get 60' high-so this was nothing.
Watching the sunset at Sunset Beach (which is famous for its sunsets).
We got lei'd at the luau.

Dinner! The pig they lifted out of the pit.


Chod mimicking the tiki-kind of spooky.

Sunrise over Diamond Head.

We had lots of fun and I'm happy to be back home with Bentley. I am thankful for a sister and a mother-in-law that took good care of my baby.

2 comments:

emily said...

I love your pictures-it looks so beautiful!

Deidra said...

Chis is now trying to decide how to get cheap enough tickets to Hawaii from NW Air. And when to go. I think he's sold.