7.19.2012

Ridiculous Postage

On my way home from loading the boys in with Karisa and sending them off to Grandma's Camp, I realized I had only packed 2 pullups for Lincoln. And they would be at Grandma's for 3 nights. Knowing that it would be practically a miracle if he woke up dry, and that Grandma would not be happy with a wet bed I had 2 options. I could force Grandma to go to the store with 5 kids to buy a pullup would not be good either or I could mail one to him. As soon as I got back I stuck a pullup in an envelope and headed to the post office. When the lady at the counter asked if first class would be okay, I asked if it would be there by Friday? "No, Monday." "Will Priority get it there by Friday." Without answering she printed off the sticker and stuck it on the envelope asking if I needed insurance or delivery confirmation. I started laughing, nope its just a pullup, no insurance needed. Then I saw the postage due. $5.25! That's right. I paid $5.25 to send 1 pullup to Lincoln at Grandma Camp!

No comments: