We've lived in our house for almost 11 months, and our to-do list is still growing. But it is nice to look back at pictures and remember how far we've come.
First up, the master bedroom.
This is the listing photo, and obviously, they used it as the baby's room. For a reason I don't remember right now, we decided to turn it into the master bedroom.
Basically, we gave it a new coat of paint and put a bigger bed in there. Oh and I believe we (mom) changed the baseboards with what used to be in the front room.
And the room that I think has improved the most, but still has the most to go. Downstairs.
This is the listing photo and the room actually looks like it might be a little bit liveable, even if it is straight from That 70s Show. This picture was taken in 2011, despite what you might think.
But the room was so scary. Ugly paneling, nasty blinds, hideous wallpaper, wallpaper that had been partially removed but tore off the sheet rock paper in the process, holes in the ceiling. Really nasty. Even though we couldn't afford to do what we really wanted to, I told Chod we had to unscary-ify the place or it would never get used.
This little room used to be a sewing room, but it became our toy room. Nice wallpaper huh?
After removing the rest of the wallpaper and the 1 bajillion nails that were all over the place we filled in the paneling and textured over the top. Eventually we want to tear out all the paneling and redo the walls--so this is just a big band-aid.
After it was all textured we primed and then painted and painted and painted. I think this section of the house was the last wood I covered up. Every last bit of wood has now been painted.
The climbing wall in the toy room.
And the backyard:
In the beginning.
Removing rocks,
Watering the grass seed.
And grass! We also added a shade tree, a peach tree, and 2 apple trees. Oh and a chicken coop.
Yep, I forget how far we've come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Much improved. I don't think I've seen the befores and I appreciate the afters even more. But I've watch that backyard change and was impressed even so, and that basement is downright cheerful now.
You've done a great job making it yours.
Post a Comment