My dad wants to know why my blogging has slowed down, and I guess I could blame it on having a new baby--but really I think this guy more of the reason:
He's always been a little mischievous, but since Gracie arrived he's stepped up his game. Maybe it's because he's now the middle child. Or it could be that Gracie takes her sweet time eating. She takes about an hour each feeding, times that by her 8 meals a day, and I've got myself a full time job. And Lincoln has 8 hours a day to think up trouble.
This story could possibly land me in jail, but oh well. Yesterday, the 3 kids and I were out running errands. And it was hot. And Lincoln had fallen asleep. I needed to pick up my serger from the repair store and as I pulled up Bentley said he didn't want to go in, and there was a big shade tree with an open parking spot. So I pulled in under it, rolled down the windows, and left the two boys in the car with the promise that I'd be fast. Gracie and I ran inside and it didn't take more than a few minutes for me to pay (I used cash, so we didn't even have to wait for a card to be ran) and head back to the car. The kind Bernina employee insisted on carrying the serger out, as I had the baby (so this story has a witness).
When we turned the corner, what did we see but this bird perch on top of the Jeep! Apparently, it doesn't take long for him to wake up and decide to climb out the window.
When I asked him how he planned to get down he answered, "You'll get me down."
I couldn't think of a better alternative--leave him up there and drive through town with a 3 year old on my roof?
So he won, I got him down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The kid needs a lock on his car seat. And his bedroom door, and just about everywhere out. Mischievous monkey pants.
Post a Comment