6.08.2012

A Big Person

On Memorial Day, Chod was on his way to California to gather soil samples, and I was at home with a 2 week old and 2 rambunctious boys. I sat down to feed Gracie and the boys swarmed me. Knowing I had a long week without Dad at home ahead of me, I told them to get on their bikes and ride to the school. It's maybe 2 blocks straight down the road in our quite little neighborhood. I figured they could play on the playground and when Gracie was finished the two of us would walk down to retrieve them.

Only minutes after I'd sent them out the door they were back.

"The Bishop says we have to have a big person with us and told us to come home."

The thoughts that ran through my head:

1. WHAT! He must think I'm an awful mom.
2. A big person? Maybe he should come and watch them so I can feed the baby.
3. Why would he do that? Bentley is old enough to ride to school by himself.

Later that afternoon we walked to the park to find 2 neighbor boys there by themselves playing in the stream. They are 6 and 4 years old and no way do I think water + little boys is safe. At first I wondered where their mom was. And then I wondered where the Bishop was.


I'm actually glad that we have neighbors that look out for our kids, and have decided he probably thought they had escaped I didn't know where they were.

No comments: