Bentley's teacher asked that we fill out a little questionaire and he draw a self portrait. I gave him some ideas (one included googly eyes) and left him to his own devices. This is the result:
Let's start at the top. He has spiky hair and horns on his head. The blue dots on his face are moles, and the purple dots are freckles. He has green spiky teeth. And more spikes on his shoulders, claws on his hands, and my absolute favorite--purple jet pack engines on his legs. Oh, and he's wearing a cape.
I'm not sure what this says about his self perception, but I'm sure a therapist could spend days analyzing it.
One of the questions was "What is your favorite book/story?" I'm supposed to read the story to the class during Bentley's hero week. So when he answered, "The Book of Mormon!" I tried to persuade him to a different option. So he then said the Bible, and then The Doctorine and Covenants and finally we settled on 3 Billy Goats Gruff. Which I'm sure the class will enjoy listening to in its entirety.
Oh my Bentley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment