I feel like August has escaped me--things have been kind of crazy. August 6th we returned home from Lake Tahoe. August 7th Chod burned his hand. And August 8th we closed on our house. I had a few hours from closing until family arrived to help us with projects in the house. Which means we had a few hours to pick out paint colors and remove the cabinet doors because my dad was bringing his spray gun. My mom, dad and Karisa all came that night and helped us get a huge jump start on the projects on our list. Chod's parents came the next week to help with electrical projects and to move us in. It feels like a whirlwind of a month and we are still living in a state of chaos with unfinished rooms and there are still alot of boxes to be unpacked. Which means I don't have one single "after" picture. It's not pretty, but here's a photo dump of what we've been up to:
A naked kitchen. I've always wanted a white kitchen and Chod said I could paint these. Good-bye oak.
Tameka removed all the vinyl on the walls.
Karisa filled in the grooves of the paneling in the basement. The goal is to bring this room from the 1970's to the 2011's.
We also took down layers of wallpaper and the sheetrock paper with it--arrgh. And removed bout a bajillion nails.
Gave the boys room a freshening up.
Hello white doors.
Prepping the boys room for board and batten.
While this was going on the boys hung out in the office with some toys and the iPad to keep them busy. They were bossed around and told not to touch this wall or that wall and did remarkably well considering.
We decided the spacing for board and batten upstairs.
Chod removed these beautiful spindles.
The boys' room almost finished.
Texturing over the paneling.
The crew installing board and batten above the stairs.
Chod and the nail gun.
Thankfully we only have a few more projects left before upstairs is finished--painting closet doors, nailing down the board on the stairs and painting over the demoed ceiling. And we're making progress downstairs. The family room is primed and ready for paint and the pink room needs to be un-pinked as soon as the family room is finished and we can move the toys out of there.
The plan is to start working on outside projects this week. The goal is to get grass planted this fall, so inside might have to wait until the snow falls before it gets finished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You guys are amazing! I am so excited for you. So. . when and if Brad and I ever buy a house can we rent the Stephens and in laws to please help us out! We really have no idea about anything house related. I am so excited for you guys!! Yay for backyards and parks near by!
I laughed when Isaac saw you guys at home depot. Our home away from home!
Love how the boys room turned out. Excited for pictures of the living room.
Post a Comment