8.24.2011

Extortion!

As we've been working on the house, the boys have kind of taken the chaos to mean it is a work zone and not a house. Now that we are settling in they have to be retrained that we don't draw on walls, throw garbage on the floor, smear boogers on the walls, or eat wherever they'd like. We no longer have the luxury of having floors covered with drop clothes. At the end of my roped the other day I yelled "Things have got to change in this house!"

And with that opening Chod quickly threw out the new rule that the toilet seat would remain up in this house. (It was so fast I think he's just been waiting for the chance to propose it.) Being outnumbered 3 to 1 I had to stand my ground. So I approved it with the addendum that whichever way the toilet seat goes will also dictate who cleans the bathrooms. If the seat is up, the boys of the house are responsible for the bathrooms and if it is down the girl is responsible. Chod claims that is extortion!

Want to guess which way the seat goes?

2 comments:

Deidra said...

That is a genius rule.

Stacy said...

That is awesome!! Good thinking!