We were at Target and Chod had just headed to the fitting room to try on a pair of pants and Bentley and I were looking at shoes. I turned around and he was gone.
I walked up and down the aisles a few times and then started to get worried. How long do I waste looking for him before I ask for help.
On about my third trip through the shoes I saw a Target employee.
"I can't find my little boy."
Immediately she radios "Code Yellow" and asks for a description.
As I was telling her what he was wearing and she was relaying it over the radio Target employees start approaching us and a couple passing by say they saw a little boy heading to the front.
I raced to the front and found Bentley on aisle four playing with the candy bars.
I picked him up and he wrapped both arms around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder.
Apparently, that was enough to convince the 8 Target employees and a security guard that he was really mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Scary! I know if my kids ever made it to the candy bar isle they would be safe - they scream when I try to take them from that spot. Glad all is well!
Phew! Glad it turned out okay! Did he get a treat? ;) People are so much more organized now then back in the day. Glad to hear that people react so quickly now!
Post a Comment