9.23.2007

Who's the Boss?

The rule of no Bentley in our bed has long since gone out the window. Most nights he sleeps just fine in his own bed, but every once in a while there is a night where he wakes up crying and I can only take it for so long before we give in and he ends up in our bed. Don't judge.

Last night was one of those nights. At 2 am Bentley started crying. At 2:30 I went in to see what was the problem.

I found him sitting up holding his Froggie calling for "Da" between sobs. I took him into our room.

Within 15 minutes he had taken over my pillow and the majority of my side of the bed. I relocated to the twin bed in his room.

A little after 3 am Chod tells me to scoot over and climbs in the twin bed with me.

Apparently Bentley was not sleeping, but instead sticking his fingers in Chod's nose and eyes. He is wide awake and wants someone to play with, so Chod opted to leave him in our bed, where he fell asleep as soon as his play friend is gone.

By a little after 4 Chod had had enough of the double occupancy twin bed and decided to reclaim our bed. Bentley is moved back into his crib screaming.

Since the bed I am in is in his room, I hold as still as possible so he won't realize I am there. It worked and 20 minutes later he was sound asleep and I moved back to our room.

3 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Sounds like some nights in our house! Taylor likes to play with Troy when she is pulled into our bed. Usually after awhile I just take her back to the crib and let her cry or we sleep together on the floor. Joys of parenthood :)

emalina49a said...

Well, we have a king bed now for that exact reason. We also moved Conner onto our old Queen (instead of his twin) to alleviate similar night-time situations! At least you let him cry!

Good luck!
P.S. I think conner sleep walks!

Jamie said...

I cannot judge-we do the same sometimes. We are just so tired at night, we can't think clearly and put them in bed with us!