9.26.2007

I sound pitiful

I have a cold.

I used to work in a call center (one that does surveys) my sophomore year of college. Not something I am proud of, but I had to buy books and pay rent somehow. I wasn't one of those annoying people who won't let you off the phone, I promise. I was desperate for a job and while I know call centers are only a step, maybe a half a step above selling plasma, I did it.

(I am going somewhere with these 2 random facts, stay with me).

Call centers base your pay upon how many surveys you can complete in an hour (that's why they won't ever let you off the phone). I was fairly good. It could have been because I am a fast talker, or maybe it was because my boss liked me and always put me on the easy surveys. But on thing is for sure; whenever I was sick my numbers went way up. Way up.

Apparently my voice is a lot more attractive when I am sick and hoarse. Or maybe it was because people felt sorry for me, but either way I made good money when I was sick.

If I was working at the call center tonight I would be making bank.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hope you feel better and find some ways to use that sexy voice to your advantage!