8.28.2007

Security Guard Joel

Last night we went to the Museum of Idaho to catch the Ink & Blood exhibit before it leaves this weekend. Within 30 seconds of entering, security guard Joel approach me and informed me that gum is not allowed in the museum and ordered me to spit it out. I felt like I was back in 4th grade, except that in the 4th grade I was an expert gum concealer and would never have been caught chewing by Mrs. Wyatt. You could learn everything about the Bible that you have ever cared to know, I was experiencing A.D.D. and settled to just look at the items in the cases and focus on reading the 3 lines accompanying each. I learned completely different things than Chod did (he was able to concentrate enough to read everything on the walls and watch the videos and Guttenberg printing press demonstration---but I got to see the Wicked Bible) and it took me only 1/3 of the time it took him.

I gladly volunteered to take Bentley to the Children's Discovery Room (he was having a hard time too). The children's room was stocked with a tee-pee, a log cabin, caves, an eagles nest, and a waterfall. There were drums to play, coon tail hats to wear, a water pump to pump, and
of course computers and TVs.

I put a coon tail hat on Bentley and just as I was about to pull out my camera (they are also forbidden in the museum) security guard Joel walked in...I was pretty sure at the sight of my camera he would ban me from the museum for life...so I have no pictures to remember this occasion from.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

Chris's parents really wanted to go see that with us, but I feared I would have the same reaction you did, but with no little kid to entertain myself with.

Your story kind of reminds me of the Indianapolis Speedway museum experience, where Dad read everything, the rest of us just skimmed it and we all came out know the same amount. Sounds like Chod got a little bit more in depth though.