11.26.2006

Preparing to Leave

As we leave for our little trip to the Pacific I have been planning and packing in my head and emotionally preparing to leave the little one. I laughed at Karisa when she had a hard time leaving Hudson for the first time. Now I have almost convinced myself that I would have a more enjoyable time with Bentley...almost.

Then I think about nap time in the middle of the Polynesian Cultural Center, packing him as we climb Diamond Head, or sitting on the beach with him as Chod goes snorkeling. As much as I love him and don't want to leave him I know that he will be in good hands with Aunt Karisa and Grandma Stephens and that Chod and I will have a more enjoyable trip if he stays here.

That doesn't make leaving him any easier. I love my baby.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

With a face like his, how could you NOT love him? He's super adorable. If only he lived closer to Aunt Deidra and she got some babysitting time while you are gone!