11.14.2006

Modern Conveniences

This morning as I have been doing a little housework I started thinking how thankful I am for modern conveniences in my home.

#1 Refrigerator:Long gone are the days of an ice box. Food keeps longer and the hassle of hauling and storing ice is history.

#2 Clothes Washer:As much as I dislike doing laundry it would be a lot worse if I had to take my washboard down to the stream to scrub clothes clean.

#3 Microwave:This little beauty allows me to not plan ahead when preparing meals. A quick trip to the microwave and food is defrosted, cooked, and reheated.

#4 Disposable diapers:Need I say more?

#5 Water heater:I love hot water.


Yep, there are lots of modern conveniences I am glad I have in my home that I take for granted quite often.

1 comment:

Patty P said...

Talk about a cute blog!!!!
I love all of those things too. Being a wife without them would be a hard life.