Last week we went to the Brigham City temple open house. I thought the boys would be so excited to go inside a temple, but when I asked them if they wanted to go Bentley told me "No thanks" and Link told me he couldn't go. I told them that any one could go inside this temple right now even if they didn't have a temple recommend. "Even if they are kids?" they asked. And then they got excited.
The decorative element is the peach blossom and the instruction rooms are painted with orchards and the bird preserve and they even have fruit trees in the landscaping.
Bentley was really looking forward to listening to church music while we were there and was a little disappointed that there wasn't any. But the cookies at the end seemed to help him forget. While we were in the parking garage waiting for the movie to start Lincoln let us know that he was feeling the Holy Ghost. And they both talked about feeling the Holy Ghost on the way home. When I asked where they felt it (meaning which part of the temple) they both answered "in my heart". Either they are way in tune with the Spirit, or we talked too much on the drive over of the special feeling inside the temple.
This was Bentley's 3rd temple open house. He visited the Rexburg and Twin Falls when he was just 2, so I hope this one lasts a little longer in his memory.
8.27.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment