5.03.2012

Bear Lake Tornado

It's an annual thing for the Sunrise kindergarteners to write and perform an opera. Bentley's class worked all year on The Bear Lake Tornado. A CD was sent home months ago with the music on it and Lincoln has insisted we listen to it on repeat--so the whole family has the opera memorized. It's a really neat thing the teachers do, as the kids write the opera and a volunteer puts it to music, and the kids even paint the scenery. Definitely not something that is required of the teachers, but a really neat thing they let the kids experience.
 
 Bentley was really excited to be a parrot...until he saw the costume. He came home one day and said it looked like a chicken, not a parrot. I thought he was being a little dramatic until I saw it. And well, it is a chicken. He was really down on the chicken costume, as I'm pretty sure he had other ideas of what the parrot costumes would look like. He even told Chod he was going to sing "We are the flying chickens.." instead of "We are the flying parrots.." But he didn't.



No comments: