Bentley has been a little down on being left-handed lately. Today, he was pretty upset when I picked him up from school and insisted he did not want to be left-handed and asked if he could ever change it. I told him that some of the coolest people are left-handed (including myself, Lincoln, and a few of his uncles). That did little to console him as he said, "But I just want to choose the right!"
Which brings up the fact that I thought raising lefties would be no problem, since I am left-handed.
Well, what I often forget to realize is that I'm a pseudo lefty. All I do left handed is write and shoot a gun. I throw, use scissors, eat, play sports, paint--everything else with my right hand. So I'm really not much better than a right-handed parent when it to teaching him how to hold scissors.
But I will gladly buy him the left-handed notebooks when the time comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should have saved him the grief and reformed him sooner! ;)
Post a Comment