3.17.2009

We will match!

I ordered Tickle Monster for Bentley for Christmas, but it was on backorder and didn't make it until his birthday.

It has become a favorite read at our house.

Today was cousin Hudson's birthday. When I asked Bentley what he wanted to give Hudson he thought about it and then said, "I know. Tickle Monster book."

I searched every book store from here to Idaho Falls and none had Tickle Monster in stock. So, I made a late night run to the store and picked up a lame dinosaur as the consolation gift.

This morning I showed the dinosaur to Bentley and told him he could give it to Hudson for his birthday. Nope. He insisted on giving him Tickle Monster. When I explained that I couldn't find Hudson a Tickle Monster book, Bentley thought of giving him our copy.

Then they would "match". (Uhh...yeah, except you won't have one....?)

So we wrapped up Tickle Monster and Bentley generously presented it to Hudson today.

Now they match.

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a loving thoughtful child! Hm, what do I like of B's that he can give me so we can match?

Bobbi said...

good book to want to match with! my girls think it is pretty funny!

John and Kassie said...

What a sweetheart to share his favorite book --- looks like a fun one we will have to keep our eyes open for! Hope you guys are doing well.