1.18.2008

Mailbox Woes

I like getting mail. The trip to the mailbox is the highlight of most of my days.

Before Christmas I turned in an address forwarding request. Nearly a month later and we still have not received an ounce of mail, well besides the normal junk, but nothing addressed to our actual names. I knew it took some time before we would start seeing mail at our new location, but a month? Everyday I have been disappointed when I find an empty mailbox.

I called USPS to learn that our forward request was entered into their system incorrectly and instead of forwarding it on to us, our mail has been sent back to sender as undeliverable.

Uh oh.

The nice man I talked to promised to fix the problem ASAP...but what about all of my mail from the last month? Is it lost forever?

3 comments:

Corrine said...

You mean you haven't been receiving all of my envelopes of cash I've been sending?!??

The Turnarounds said...

Don't worry Nikkala I can help. You can have most of my mail from the past month. I can't make any promises that you will like all or even most of it though. :)

The Spaulding Zoo said...

That is so frustrating! I'm glad you finally got it figured out and hope you can get some of that mail back.