6.21.2011

Lemonade Stand

The boys welcomed summer with their very own lemonade stand.

Not to be biased, but it was the cutest little lemonade stand I saw all day.

Chod proclaimed himself an experienced lemonade stand patron and shared with us what he thinks makes for the best and most likely to thrive stands.

#1 Good tasting lemonade
#2 Ice (preferably from Sonic)
#3 The lemonade must be poured onto the ice. No one wants to drink lemonade from a pitcher that is warm from sitting in the sun. And no one wants watered down warm lemonade that once had ice in it.
#3 Bendy Straws


And all these years I thought it was cute stands and cute kids that got people to stop. We pulled out the bendy straws and made a run to Sonic for ice and we were in business. Please notice the bowl of ice on the bottom shelf.

Things started off really slow--just neighbor kids hovering and Bentley and Lincoln drinking the profits. But then our first customer!
Yes, that is a very pink-haired man on a Harley.

The first sale got Bentley really excited and he starting calling out, "Lemonade! Ice Cold Lemonade! If you have money you can buy some! If you don't have money you should ask your parents for some!"

Thanks to an after hour drop-in by Ty and Tameka the total earnings for the day came to $7.

2 comments:

tawnya said...

Oooooooh. Sonic ice. Sorry I missed that!

Our Crazy Family said...

Dang! I live right here and didn't know about it! I am sad I missed out.