2.24.2011

Following Through

Bentley has a new favorite show on TV, Wild Kratts. There's a problem though, it comes on at 4 pm and our TV isn't usually on at that time. It has grown into such a problem because he has huge meltdowns on the days he misses his Wild Kratts. But really, as a mom should I interrupt him playing, coloring, and using his imagination to remind him Wild Kratts is on?

So I deemed this week a no TV week, as to prevent and cure all TV related meltdowns. I told him that we can't let TV control our lives. His reply, "The only thing that controls my life is exercise!" I don't really know what that means but I think it is hilarious he said it.

Too bad I picked this week though. On day #1 I woke up with an aching back and a yucky stomach and Lincoln has been running a fever and Joy School was canceled for today. It would be the perfect week to let the TV do a little entertaining for me. Instead, I am stubborn enough that it has stayed off. It's all about the follow through, right?

2 comments:

tawnya said...

I've never even heard of that! Huh.

I'm sorry you're all sick, but amazed that you are following through on the tv. I would have DEFINITELY postponed no tv week!

Unknown said...

oh, that exercise always gets in the way, doesn't it? that's hilarious.