We're still in the "house plan" stage of our house, meaning, we're finalizing some changes to the original plans. After they are finalized then it will go out for bid, and then we will see just how much the changes we've been making add up to be...I'm keeping my fingers crossed our wants don't exceed our budget.
Anyway, there is a lot of talk of the house going on at our house. Kitchen catalogs cover the coffee table and our current plans are open on every computer, so it only makes sense I guess that all Bentley seems to talk about is "ours new house". He's made rules for the new place. #1 is you must milk the cow--it is going to be sad when he realizes this house doesn't come with a farm. He's pretty sure we'll have a dog too. One that fetches.
He draws pictures of the new house, and he looks through the kitchen catalogs picking out things he thinks we should have in the new place. Like the bowl of apples on a counter, or the box of raisin bran in a cupboard. He gets really excited when I tell him we can have those things in our house too!
The other night we stopped by Home Depot and Bentley started collecting samples of carpet and hardwood. When it was time to leave he insisted he pay for them, no matter how many times we told him they were free he wouldn't believe us. Finally, I took him to the customer service desk and asked the girls working if he could pay for the samples so he wouldn't be stealing. One girl was not amused and replied, "But they're free." Like I was dumb. The other was much more helpful and took the samples and ask B if he would like her to put them in a sack for him. Bentley was tickled to carry the bag out to the car, especially since he had left his money at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nikkala! I really am so excited for you and can't wait to see it! I just loved seeing you tonight-i really missed you! I hope you get a new couch too-I would be thrilled for you! Love you!
Post a Comment