As I was writing my last post I started thinking about how, as a child, I thought I was sneaky enough to get away with things.
Like at Grandma's house, we were forbidden to turn the hose on in the sandbox. But really what fun is building castles and moats if there is no water in the moats?
So with a little prodding from one of the uncles, one of us would sneak over to the faucet on the side of the house and quietly turn the hose on. We would then try to fill up our moats or rivers before Grandma opened the back door and yelled at us to shut the water off.
We never could figure out how Grandma knew the second we turned the water on, and even with water in the sandbox we would try to deny ever having it on.
It wasn't until years later that I realized you can actually hear the faucet turn on while you are inside the house-and that's how Grandma knew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can I take a wild guess as to who the uncle was??!!
Don't blame your disobedience on me.
Post a Comment