12.10.2007

O Christmas Tree

Christmas Trees are serious business in the Parish home.

My dad perfected the art of watering the tree. A custom tree stand and a gallon of water a day ensure that his tree buds out. Every single year. Live trees don't possess a fire hazard when they are gulping up the water.

Grandpa will be proud to know that in the morning after making sure every stand of Christmas lights are plugged in, Bentley climbs under the tree and checks the water level in our (WEPCO rejected) tree stand.

Maybe our tree will bud this year...

4 comments:

emalina49a said...

So I want to know what is special about his water...I keep mine really well watered and am lucky to not have it just be dead dry every year....more tricks please?

WEP said...

to all you tree lovers. its not the water and not the stand, It is simply drilling the trunk full of holes so that it can absorb the water and keep the tree growing. but the patented tree stand and being diligent in the watering helps. I'm working on getting it to root out, but my wife makes me throw it out to soon.

Jamie said...

Hi Oh Nikkala!
Thank you for such a cute Christmas card. Love Bentley's turtle outfit!

Your Christmas decorations are so cute!

Shannon said...

I think I might have one of those special tree stands!! Too bad I have a fake tree though.