5.19.2007

Not so much a camp out

Yesterday, as Chod was getting ready to go I kept telling him that Bentley wouldn't handle it very well. Not because the little guy is attached to me--but because he doesn't sleep or eat or do anything when there is even a tiny bit of action going on around him. Chod was insistent they go, which was very sweet that he was so excited about their first father and son camp out. As they were leaving I said, "Bet you are back before midnight."

At 10:45 last night I got a phone call from Chod, it went a little something like this:

"So this little monster (which is a term of endearment) will not go to sleep. He screams when I put him in the pack-n-play and has been running around the tent like it is a fun house. And then the deacons keep shining their flashlights in our tent, so I put him in the car and we went for a drive. He still isn't asleep. We are on our way home. See you in 30 minutes."

Which totally means they were home by midnight!

Since he left while they were on their drive, he left everything there. So at 5:30 this morning he got up and pulled Bentley out of bed and they are heading back to act like it was a great night of sleeping out.

But now you all know the truth...

No comments: